No Trespassing Authorization

Police officers cannot arrest a trespasser without the written approval of the property owner or agent. Unfortunately, this can sometimes be problematic for abandoned buildings or businesses that are closed in the evening because the owner or agent is not on site. The SMPD now accepts an authorization online via their website.


By completing the form at the property owner or agent may grant the police department authorization to make a trespass arrest.


No Trespassing Authorization Forms must be notarized.

Remember, the law will be enforced for your buildings only if you have a current letter on file and if your building is properly posted with No Trespassing notices. If you need a notice to post, please contact DTSM at 310.393.8355.