Show your appreciation for the people in healthcare, restaurants, grocery stores, pharmacies, civil services and other essential jobs are on the front line, putting themselves at risk to keep the rest of us safe at home every night at 6 p.m. with a round of applause.
If you can and are willing to donate time, resources and/or support, the City of Santa Monica has put together a local relief fund and guide with recommendations and best practices, including
- How to stay safe while helping others
- A list of local nonprofits in need of volunteers and donations
- How to donate supplies and PPE
Some of our downtown businesses and organizations have also setup fundraisers to provide financial assistance directly to those impacted by COVID-19.
- All Together LA - Volunteer to help seniors and the sick with pickup and delivery of groceries, medicine and toiletries.
- Blue Daisy Staff Fund - Help support the restaurant's staff and their families.
- Boys & Girls Club - Help Club families cover bills and daily essentials, program costs, and transition to online learning.
- Empty Your Purse for a Nurse - Local restaurant Elephante, as part of Wish You Were Here Group, is raising funds to feed nurses, doctors and medical staff in NYC and Santa Monica. 100% of the donations to this GoFundMe will be put towards serving breakfast, lunch and dinner for hospitals.
- Harvelle's Employee Fund - Help Harvelle's 11 staff members cover costs during the Stay at Home order.
- In This Together Santa Monica Body Fit Fund - The local gym is raising funds for their trainers and staff.
- Meals on Wheels - Volunteer to deliver necessities to neighbors and call clients to check on their health and wellness. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Salvation Army Santa Monica - Volunteer to help create boxes and food bags for individuals experiencing homelessness on a daily basis (some heavy lifting required).
- Santa Monica Education Foundation - The local organization is raising funds to support programs in local schools. Donate here.
- Santa Monica Playhouse - Make a tax-deductible donation to help the Playhouse staff support the theatre's reopen.
- The People Concern - Your donation will help provide hygiene kits, meals, groceries and supplies for people in need throughout Los Angeles County.
- Westside Food Bank - You can request that your gift go toward pantries in Santa Monica.
Many Downtown businesses were affected by the
If you would like to see a resource added to the list below, please email Ariana Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.