Practice Self-Care by Staying at Home
Earlier this year, we were preparing to launch Self-Care Saturdays, a weekly outdoor event for Downtown Santa Monica's health and wellness enthusiasts. A lot has changed in the last couple weeks and we have since postponed the event, but we remain committed to bringing our community together.
We know staying indoors and practicing social-distancing can be challenging. To help you stay healthy (and sane), many of DTSM's health and wellness businesses are offering at-home workouts and classes. From sound bath meditations to intense HIIT circuits, there's something for everyone. Browse the links below, share your favorite workouts with your friends and join the at-home club!
At-Home Workout Classes
- Basecamp - Daily workouts are broadcast live on Instagram at @basecampsm.
- Body Fit - Sign up for their mailing list for daily workouts or find them on YouTube. Contact the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Box Union - Exciting, full-body workouts delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for their mailing list. No equipment necessary.
- Corazon Studio - Learn how to salsa, bachata or practice yoga Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Coreology - On-demand workouts including XFormer at home, Sculpt, Cardio, Yoga and more. Workouts are suitable for all fitness levels, no equipment is required. Santa Monica residents take 15% off with promo code: buylocalsantamonica
- Core Power - Take free online classes (new every week!) or subscribe for unlimited classes on-demand.
- Dane Sorenson - DTSM's own PRIDE dance master hosts a Spier Pilates YouTube playlist.
- DASH Run Studio - Sign up for in-home and outdoor workouts delivered to your inbox Monday-Friday, no equipment required.
- OrangeTheory - 30-min workout videos showcasing instructors from around the world are posted to their website every week.
- Purre Barre - A live stream schedule and daily fitness challenge is posted on Instagram at @purebarresantamonica.
- Ritual - The #RitualAnywhere series gets you through the week with 30-minute workouts that can be done wherever you are. Follow along on Instagram @ritualgym and check out their entire content library on YouTube.
- Row House - Daily live and on demand classes, all equipment-free and easy to do from your home on Instagram at @RowHouseSantaMonica.
- SoulCycle - Their Off The Bike Series will help you stay active, inspired and connected with at-home workouts on the studio instructors' Instagram accounts.
- Speir Pilates - Join the Speir Squad for daily live workouts on Instagram at @speirpilates.
- Hot 8 Yoga - Take On Demand classes from the comfort of your home and live classes throughout the day on Instagram at @hot8yoga.
- Naam Yoga - Enroll in online courses through their new program that allows you to pay what you feel comfortable with or apply for a scholarship to cover costs.
- Sweat Yoga - Live classes are streamed daily and always available in their archives.
- The Yoga Collective - 1,000+ yoga classes at your fingertips starting at only $15/mo.
- Be Crystal Clear - Live stream daily sound bath classes on Instagram and YouTube, and find the schedule at @becrystalclear. Recorded classes can be found on their YouTube channel.
- Alo Yoga - The Alo Gives initiative brings mindfulness and yoga videos designed specifically for kids to your home.
The following churches are offering online services.
- St. Augustine by the Sea
St. Peter and St. Paul Coptic Orthodox Church
We'll be updating this page regularly. If you would like to see a resource added to this list, please email Ariana Gomez at email@example.com.