Join the DTSM Self-Care Club!
Practice Self-Care by Staying at Home
In the Spring of 2020 we were preparing to launch Self-Care Saturdays, a weekly outdoor event for Downtown Santa Monica's health and wellness enthusiasts. A lot has changed and we have since postponed the event, but we remain committed to bringing our community together.
We know staying indoors and practicing social-distancing can be challenging. To help you stay healthy (and sane), many of DTSM's health and wellness businesses are offering at-home workouts and classes. Browse the links below, share your favorite workouts with your friends and join the at-home club!
At-Home Workout Classes
- Basecamp - Daily workouts are broadcast live on Zoom. Click here for more info.
- Box Union - Your favorite boxing-inspired, in-studio workout is now available online. Click here for more info.
- Coreology - On-demand workouts including XFormer at home, Sculpt, Cardio, Yoga, and more. Workouts are suitable for all fitness levels and no equipment is required. Santa Monica residents - take 15% off with promo code: buylocalsantamonica
- Dane Sorenson - DTSM's own PRIDE dance master hosts a Spier Pilates YouTube playlist.
- OrangeTheory - 30-min workout videos showcasing instructors from around the world are posted to their website every week.
- Ritual - The #RitualAnywhere App gets you through the week with 30-minute workouts that can be done wherever you are.
- SoulCycle - Their Off The Bike Series will help you stay active, inspired, and connected with at-home workouts on the studio instructors' Instagram accounts.
- Training Mate - A HIIT group classes with an Aussie twist! Offering live and on-demand classes.
- Alo Yoga - Thousands of videos that can be viewed on the web or on your phone or tablet. They also provide a great section of free kid's yoga and mindfulness videos.
- Core Power Yoga - Offers some free classes per week and has unlimited on-demand classes for $19.99 per month.
- Hot 8 Yoga - Take On Demand classes from the comfort of your home and live classes throughout the day on Instagram at @hot8yoga.
- Lululemon - Enjoy various yoga classes online and run training guides to help you race wisely.
- Naam Yoga - Stream classes everyday or take one of their online courses.
- Sweat Yoga - Live classes are streamed daily and always available in their archives.
- The Yoga Collective - 1,000+ yoga classes at your fingertips starting at only $15/mo.
- Be Crystal Clear - Enjoy a mini sound bath experience on Instagram at @becrystalclear. Recorded classes can also be found on their YouTube channel.
The following churches are offering online services.
- First Presbyterian Santa Monica
- Saint Monica Catholic Community
- St. Augustine by the Sea
- St. Peter and St. Paul Coptic Orthodox Church
We'll be updating this page regularly. If you would like to see a resource added to this list, please email Ariana Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.