Join the DTSM Self-Care Club!
Practice Self-Care by Staying at Home
Earlier this year, we were preparing to launch Self-Care Saturdays, a weekly outdoor event for Downtown Santa Monica's health and wellness enthusiasts. A lot has changed in the last couple weeks and we have since postponed the event, but we remain committed to bringing our community together.
We know staying indoors and practicing social-distancing can be challenging. To help you stay healthy (and sane), many of DTSM's health and wellness businesses are offering at-home workouts and classes. From sound bath meditations to intense HIIT circuits, there's something for everyone. Browse the links below, share your favorite workouts with your friends and join the at-home club!
At-Home Workout Classes
- Basecamp - Daily workouts are broadcast live on Instagram at @basecampsm.
- Body Fit - Sign up for their mailing list for daily workouts or find them on YouTube. Contact the studio at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more and to sign up for their live classes.
- Box N Burn - Train at home with BNB's daily live classes, including some for kids. All donation based.
- Box Union - Exciting, full-body workouts delivered straight to your inbox when you sign up for their mailing list. No equipment necessary.
- Coreology - On-demand workouts including XFormer at home, Sculpt, Cardio, Yoga and more. Workouts are suitable for all fitness levels and no equipment is required. Santa Monica residents - take 15% off with promo code: buylocalsantamonica
- Core Power Yoga - Posts 10 new free classes per week and has unlimited on-demand classes for $19.99 per month.
- Dane Sorenson - DTSM's own PRIDE dance master hosts a Spier Pilates YouTube playlist.
- Dash Run Studio - Sign up here for free in-home and outdoor workouts delivered weekdays to your inbox.
- OrangeTheory - 30-min workout videos showcasing instructors from around the world are posted to their website every week.
- Purre Barre - A live stream schedule and daily fitness challenge is posted on Instagram at @purebarresantamonica.
- Ritual - The #RitualAnywhere series gets you through the week with 30-minute workouts that can be done wherever you are. Follow along on Instagram @ritualgym, check out their entire content library on YouTube, or sign up for one of their live workouts.
- Row House - Daily live and on demand classes, all equipment-free and easy to do from your home at @RowHouseSantaMonica.
- SoulCycle - Their Off The Bike Series will help you stay active, inspired and connected with at-home workouts on the studio instructors' Instagram accounts.
- Speir Pilates - Join the Speir Squad for daily live workouts on Instagram at @speirpilates.
- Training Mate - A HIIT group classes with an Aussie twist! Offering live and on demand classes for $99.00/month. Cancel any time. 100% of proceeds go to staff during this time. No equipment needed!
- Alo Yoga - Thousands of videos that can be viewed on the web or on your phone or tablet. They also provide a great section of free kid's yoga and mindfulness videos.
- Hot 8 Yoga - Take On Demand classes from the comfort of your home and live classes throughout the day on Instagram at @hot8yoga.
- Lululemon - Different types of yoga classes online and run training guides to help you race wisely.
- Naam Yoga - Holds streaming classes every day and has a host of online courses to choose from.
- Sweat Yoga - Live classes are streamed daily and always available in their archives.
- The Yoga Collective - 1,000+ yoga classes at your fingertips starting at only $15/mo.
- Be Crystal Clear - Live stream daily sound bath classes on Instagram and YouTube, and find the schedule at @becrystalclear. Recorded classes can be found on their YouTube channel.
The following churches are offering online services.
- First Presbyterian Santa Monica
- Saint Monica Catholic Community
- Salvation Army
- St. Augustine by the Sea
- St. Peter and St. Paul Coptic Orthodox Church
We'll be updating this page regularly. If you would like to see a resource added to this list, please email Ariana Gomez at email@example.com.