Construction activities are permitted for sites adhering to public health requirements for physical distancing and on-site cleanliness. Please review the State, County and local guidelines below to assist you with the safe and permitted reopening of your business.
- State of California COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Construction
- City of Santa Monica COVID-19 Construction Regulations
Public Health and Safety Standards
- Designate a Site Safety Representative to monitor and implement all recommended safety practices during the COVID-19 emergency
- Require workers to wear personal protective equipment, including cloth face coverings
- Limit the number of people present at the construction project so that social distancing can be maintained Monitoring site access points to enable physical distancing?
- Require workers on break to maintain a space of at least 6 feet apart?
- Discontinue communal food and water coolers on worksites?
- Ensure office staff can work from home
- Discourage workers from using other workers' phones, desks, offices, work tools and equipment. If they must be shared, requiring that they are cleaned and disinfected before and after each shift.
- Mandatory daily cleaning and sanitizing of trailers, toilets, and other enclosed spaces and high-touch surfaces
- Place hand wash stations supplied with soap and disposable towels or hand sanitizers in multiple locations to encourage hand hygiene
- Record keeping requirements on cleaning and daily attendance log
Signage Posting Requirements:
- Print and post the Health and Safety Guidelines Poster.